PsiWin 2.3.3 with Win XP x64
RainKap
2006-04-17 15:13:15 UTC
A few months back, I splashed out on a fancy new laptop - an Acer
Ferrari 4005 with a 64-bit AMD mobile processor in it, running Wondows
XP *x64* I'm beginning to regret the decision to go for the x64 flavour
of XP; no drivers for my Postscript printer, the PC suite for my mobile
phone (Sony Ericsson v600i) won't install, and (the trigger for this
posting) there was a hiccup when I tried to install PsiWin so that I
could link my Series 7 to the laptop.

The file which causes the problem is ORG21.EXE, which according to the
error message I received is a sel-registering file which is not
compatible with the 64-bit version of Windows. I've tried Googling for
ORG21.EXE, and the only references I could find were to web pages in
Chinese, which isn't a lot of help, given my zero knowledge of Chinese!
I've also tried the Psion Place forums on pdastreet.com, and
symbcity.com, without any success. Can anyone here help please?

Given that it is very unlikely that there would be a vesion of
ORG21.EXE which is compatible with Win XP x64, the most I can hope for
is some indication of whether it would be worth while trying to carry
on with the broken installation of PsiWin.

Thanks in advance for any help

Ian Park
RainKap
2006-04-19 15:02:40 UTC
I've found the answer to this one (sort of...). When I looked at
ORG21.EXE in the Program Files\Psion\Psiwin folder, I found that it is
a Synchroniser OLE server, produced by Time Information Systems. I
found their web site, and posted a request for info. They told me that
it is an app to synchrinise email on the Psion with Lotus Organiser
v2.1 (and no, they will *not* be developing a 64-bit version...). I
don't use Lotus Organiser v2.1, so I'm now happy that it's safe to
delete the ORG21.EXE file from my hard drive, and free up a bit os
space. More significant is that the rest of PsiWin should work OK...

Hope this will be some help to anyone else who is eccentric enough to
want to use PsiWin with Win XP x64!

Ian